Our Terms & Conditions
2. Use of the website
5. Re-scheduling & Refund Policy
Welcome to The Gin Academy Ltd, trading as Gyre and Gimbles website Terms & Conditions for use. These Terms & Conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these Terms & Conditions, please contact us by email at [email protected] or call us on 01603625119 between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank holidays).
“Experience” means the Gin Academy Experience displayed for sale on the Website. “Users” means the users of the Website collectively; “Personal Information” means the details provided by you on registration and purchase; “We/Us” means Gin Academy Ltd “Website” means the website located at www.gyreandgimble.co.uk or any subsequent URL which may replace it; “United Kingdom” means England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands and “You” means a user of this Website.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
You are provided with access to this Website in accordance with these Conditions and any orders placed by you must be placed strictly in accordance with these Conditions.
You warrant that the Personal Information which you are required to provide when you register as a customer is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and you will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by updating your information by contacting us by e-mail at [email protected] by email or call us on 01603625119 between 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Bank holidays). You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
You agree fully to indemnify, defend and hold us, and our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers, harmless immediately on demand, from and against all claims, liability, damages, losses, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising out of any breach of the Conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of this Website, or the use by any other person accessing the Website using your shopping account and/or your personal information.
We reserve the right to:
Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, this Website (or any part thereof) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
Change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
At Gyre and Gimble we respect your privacy.
- We will not ask you for personal information unless it is required to deliver you specific information, services or products.
- We will not share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, improve our products, or protect our rights.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
If an order confirmation is not received then please contact us by email at [email protected].
We accept the following major payment cards only; Visa, MasterCard and Solo. Payment will, be debited from your account upon receipt of your order. You are responsible for confirming that you are the legitimate holder of the credit/debit card and that your details are correct. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer.
If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment, we will not be able to process your order and a message will appear informing you that the transaction cannot be processed.
RE-SCHEDULING & REFUND POLICY
- Experience Tickets:
We operate a strict 7 day cancellation policy. Should you wish to reschedule an Experience or Gin School session that has been booked we require a minimum of 7 days’ notice in order to re-schedule the session. This must be done in writing and emailed to [email protected]. If you cancel or try to reschedule a Experience within 7 days then you will not be eligible for a refund.
- Gin Experience Vouchers:
We operate a strict 14 day refund policy on all vouchers. You have 14 calendar days from the purchase of an experience voucher to notify us in writing to [email protected] with your refund request. In order for refunds to be granted the voucher must be unused and you must provide proof of payment. After 14 days vouchers are nonrefundable and non-transferable. All vouchers are valid for use 12 months from date of purchase and extensions are not provided under any circumstances.
Bookings that are made using a voucher will not be refunded after 14 days of when the voucher was purchased, even if it is outside of the 7 days before the event takes place.
All Gin experience vouchers must be used within its 12 month validity on any Gin Experience date available during that time. We will not be held accountable for misuse of Gin Experience Vouchers and withhold the right to book any vouchers on to Gin Experience dates which are not available during its validity.
- Experience Rescheduling
We reserve the right to reschedule an Experience without refund if we give you a minimum of 7 days’ written notice, which can take the form of an email correspondence to the email address you provided upon order.
If we take the step to cancel an Experience through no fault of yours then we shall notify you in writing in the form of an email to the email address provided upon order, and issue a refund in full to the payment card used for the booking, excluding any booking fees if applicable.
We hold public liability insurance.
- We reserve the right to withdraw participants from the experience if they present a safety concern, for whatever reason.
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to our experiences if customers are under the influence of alcohol without a refund.
- We reserve the right to stop providing drinks to customers on our experiences who appear under the influence of alcohol.
- Intellectual property and Right to Use
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorised by us, or our licensors. You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may (if necessary to make a Purchase) download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose. Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
You acknowledge and agree that anything created by you during the experience using Gyre and Gimbles’ equipment and on our premises, shall be solely owned by us and we will carry all rights of reproduction and right of use.
- Compliance with Laws
The Website may be used only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations regarding the Website and any transactions conducted on or through the Website
- Limitation of Liability
While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representation or endorsement made and we make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our
If any part of the Conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the Conditions.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
- Entire Agreement
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what we and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation save insofar as the same has expressly been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your Statutory Rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The company address of Gin Academy Ltd is 14 Charing Cross, Norwich, NR24AL. Registered in England. Company registration number: 12004478
SPECIAL OFFERS AND VOUCHER CODES
When redeeming special offer or voucher codes, users must adhere to the below terms:
- Customers may only redeem offer codes for one transaction.
- Offer codes may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
Gyre & Gimble Gin Academy
When purchasing or booking a Gin Academy Experience at Gyre & Gimbles Gin Academy you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are or will be over 18 years of age on the date of the experience. Anyone aged under 18 is not able to join a Gin School experience due to government laws. Anyone that appears to be under 25 years will be asked for proof of age upon arrival.
HEALTH AND SAFETY AND STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOUR
- That we will refuse to admit you to the premises if you appear to be intoxicated or under the influence of prohibited narcotic substances upon your arrival.
- That you will inform us prior to arriving at the Gin School of any medical condition or physical impediment about which we would need to be aware in order to eliminate or anticipate any potential health and safety issue.
- That you will follow the instructions of the Gyre & Gimble team when on-site.
- You will be given a briefing on health and safety prior to the session commencing. All participants are expected to listen carefully and follow instructions given. Participants should take reasonable care in the Gin School to avoid personal injury and injury to others.
- You are expected to behave sensibly and appropriately at all times and may be required to leave the premises if for any reason the Gyre & Gimble team or others are unhappy with your behaviour.
- Smoking anywhere on site at our shop and Gin School is strictly forbidden – both inside and outside.
- That Gyre & Gimble reserve the right to reschedule or cancel the Gin School experience without notice, for whatever reason, but will refund all monies in full.
- We operate a strict 7 day cancellation policy – your Gin School experience is refundable up to 7 days before the experience date.
- Should you wish to reschedule a Gin School experience that has been booked we require a minimum of 7 days notice in order to reschedule the session.
- If you cancel the session within 7 days of the scheduled date, you will not be eligible for a refund.
- In the unlikely event that Gyre & Gimble has to cancel a Gin School experience, Gyre & Gimble undertakes to offer a suitable alternative date or a full refund of the experience price.
- Gin School vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods. Vouchers and bookings are transferable, so if you are unable to attend yourself, you may nominate a replacement. Vouchers expire 12 months from the date of issue and extensions beyond 12 months are not available under any circumstances.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale or sampling of alcohol under the terms of the licensing act.